California Governor Gavin Newsom, center, celebrates with other guests after the Vax for the Win lottery contest during a news conference at Universal Studios in Universal City, Calif., Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Starting Tuesday, there were no more state rules on social distancing, and no more limits on capacity at restaurants, bars, supermarkets, gyms, stadiums or anywhere else. (AP Photo/Ringo H.W. Chiu)
In attempt to inspire Californians to get the coronavirus vaccine, Governor Gavin Newsom announced major incentives, as part of California’s “Vax for the Win” program. The incentives include free food, merchandise discounts, dream vacations, and a $116.5 million giveaway.
Every individual who is fully vaccinated in California can get the following:
- Chipotle queso blanco – On June 15th, vaccinated Californians will receive free queso blanco with the purchase of any regular menu item
- Taco at Taco Bell – On June 15th vaccinated Californians can get one free seasoned beef Nacho Cheese Doritos® Locos Tacos per person
- Deals on LA Clippers mechanism -15% discount on merchandise in their online store from June 15 – June 20
- Golden State Warriors merchandise – 20% off in person at the Chase Center from June 15 – June 20
- Daily donut at Krispy Kreme – one donut per day nationwide
“The Warriors are supporting ongoing efforts around the Bay Area to encourage vaccinations through giveaways, including signed memorabilia and tickets for games during the upcoming 2021-22 NBA season.” Said in a statement from the Warriors.
We’d like to show sweet support to those who have received the COVID-19 Vaccine. Starting today, bring your Vaccine Card to a Krispy Kreme shop and get 1 FREE Original Glazed doughnut. No chance to get your Vaccine? This will run thru end of 2021. Info at https://t.co/gWnWhXOKKq pic.twitter.com/UqmDLne5E9
— Krispy Kreme (@krispykreme) March 22, 2021