-------------------------------------------

Chlorine Gas Leak at YMCA Hospitalizes 20

Fire officials in Reading, Pennsylvania, said 81 people were evacuated from a YMCA on Friday due to a chlorine gas leak, with 20 taken to the hospital, CBS’ Philly 3 reported.

Among the 81 evacuated to nearby buildings were over 50 children and about 15 staff members, according to Berks Weekly.

In total, 21 people were injured, all of whom are expected to recover. The leak is thought to have stemmed from two YMCA staff members mixing the wrong chemicals in the first-floor pool area.

Read more at Newsmax© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Stay Informed with KSFO

 

Subscribe to 560 KSFO's weekly eblast for the latest national and local news updates, exclusive contests, events and more.